July 8th, 2020
We are happy to announce that we have begun scheduling regular appointments, including dental hygiene appointments.
As a result of the temporary closure of our office and some of the changes that we have had to implement to ensure everyone’s health and safety, we are not able to honor all of the prescheduled appointments for July and August.
If we can keep your prescheduled appointment, we will be in touch to confirm that date, time, and we will also complete pre-appointment screening with you.
We sincerely apologize for those appointments that we are unable to keep at this time, we will contact you as soon as we are able to rebook.
We do invite you to contact us if you feel that you need an appointment.
Please be sure to call our office before visiting.
We truly thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
We are happy to announce that we are finalizing preparations for the reopening of Dentistry on West. In keeping with guidelines from Public Health Ontario, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, we are preparing to see our patients as soon as possible. We are focusing on gradually expanding clinical services while minimizing the risk of transmission through infection control, office upgrades and protocols, and physical distancing principles.
Here’s what we are doing:
- Extending in-person appointments beyond emergency/urgent services. This includes but is not limited to fillings, extractions, root-canal therapy, crown and bridge, and cosmetic dentistry. This will begin on June 22/2020. We are hoping to add routine examinations and cleanings in early July.
- Pre-appointment telephone screening – Please call for appointments – we need to screen you before scheduling an appointment. Walk-ins are not permitted.
- Managing risk through COVID-19 risk assessment – This will be implemented with staff and providers as well as before each visit with patients.
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Staff may be dressed differently, and we might look a little scary. Some of us will be wearing additional personal protective equipment such as masks, face shields, and gowns for certain procedures.
Implementing a universal mask policy for all in-person appointments. Patients are required to bring their own mask or face covering when they come to the office.
- Limiting the number of people entering the office.
- Limiting capacity in the waiting room and other office spaces to facilitate physical distancing.
- Rigorously cleaning and disinfecting clinical and public spaces.
- Installing physical barriers in some areas of our office.
- Added portable HEPA air purifiers throughout the office to filter 99.97% of microscopic airborne particles (germs, allergens, and odours) after procedures generating significant aerosol.
We need your help to expand our services in a safe way. Here’s what we need you to do:
- We ask that you delay booking an appointment if you have COVID-19 symptoms or think you may have been exposed. To avoid disappointing surprises, we encourage you to complete the self assessment tool and visit the Orillia Soldier’s Memorial Hospital assessment centre to arrange for a COVID-19 test if necessary.
- Please use the bathroom before coming to the office.
- Wear a mask or other face-covering to your scheduled appointment. If you forget to bring your own mask or face-covering, one will be provided.
- Attend for your appointment alone. If required, you may be accompanied by ONE caregiver (for elderly or disabled) or parent (for minors).
- Please wait outside until we bring you in.
- Comply with pre-visit COVID-19 screening. Work with our staff and Public Health screening guidelines to keep everyone safe. You will receive instructions when your appointment is confirmed.
- Clean your hands upon arrival and departure.
Follow signs and direction from our staff regarding room capacity and physical distancing. Unfortunately, now is not the best time for hugs or handshakes even though we miss you.
- Contact free payment (debit, credit) is preferred to avoid having to handle cash.
Due to the increased PPE needs, we are increasing fees by $10-15 for some procedures starting June 22. Any previously booked appointments (booked before COVID 19) up to July 3/2020 are considered cancelled. Please call us regarding missed or upcoming appointments between March 16 and July 3 to reschedule them. We will be in touch regarding appointments from July 6 onwards. Bring an updated medication list if you have one. Provide us with your email and mobile phone numbers so it is easier for us to reach you.
Don’t hesitate to call us with a dental concern. We can arrange phone appointments to address a concern that may not warrant a trip to the office. Or for patients that are physically unable to attend the office, or are worried about going out.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this transition. We will be starting to offer routine care again; however, there may be some wait time before you can be scheduled due to the backlog of appointments.
If your appointment was postponed due to the office closure or if you had previously called the office for emergency, urgent, or non-urgent care, we will be in touch shortly to schedule you for your next appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Your Dental team at Dentistry on West